1. Trim back the trimmings: Shave calories by going easy when adding nuts, cheese, cream sauces, gravy, butter and whipped cream to dishes.
2. Be a food snob: If you don't love it, don't eat it. Don't feel obligated to sample everything on the buffet. Skip dishes that are available all year long, so you can indulge on holiday favorites.
3. No skipping meals: Keep a normal eating routine by having breakfast, a light lunch and maybe a snack before the big meal.
4. Alternate alcohol with nonalcoholic drinks: Cut your alcohol calories in half by alternating water or seltzer between alcoholic beverages.
5. Skip the appetizers: If you need a little nibble before the meal, go for the veggies, fruit, salsa or a small handful of nuts.
Biography | Contact Sharon | Getting the Highest Price | See Our Neighborhoods! | First-Time Buyers-2014 | Emory-Decatur Sellers | Relocation/Transfers | Financing Revealed | House Notes | Emory Village | Emory Grove | Decatur | Clairmont Heights | Emory Parc | Chelsea Heights | Medlock Park Area | Area Churches | Rent Management | Buying First Home-Atlanta | Atlanta Schools | Condos/Townhomes | Tuxworth Springs | ScottCourt-The Woodlands | Decatur Square | The Park at Emory | Heritage Two | Clairmont Place | Brianwood | September Chase | Winston Place | Haverhill | Area Parks | Property Management | Do You Need It? | Promoting Your Property | Screening and Leasing | Fees and Accounting | Glendale Estates | Glenlake Park | The Woodlands | Medlock Park | ClydeShepherd Preserve | Kirkwood Village | Leafmore Hills | Lions Gate | Waddell Park | Great Lakes | Laurel Ridge Neighborhood | Rentals-Now Available | North Druid Valley | Library-Toco Hills | Emory Area Dog Parks | Druid Hills | Closing Costs | Looking to Sell? | Home | Emory/Decatur | Site Map | Reasons homes don't sell | Be Accessible! | Home Appreciation | Daily Rate Lock Advisory | Sharon's Blog